Thank you to Noble Juice for sponsoring this apple mandarin yogurt muffins post.
Apple Mandarin Yogurt Muffins Made with Whole Wheat
Sometimes, I get on a kick where I try to pack as much nutrition as possible into a single baked good, while still making it taste delicious.
In these apple mandarin yogurt muffins, I’ve combined the vitamin C of Noble Juice’s Apple Mandarin Chai, the protein of Greek yogurt, and the fiber of whole wheat all in one tasty package.
They have a bright citrus flavor, a slightly sticky top, and are deliciously filling due to all the protein and fiber. And, since this recipe only requires half a cup of juice, you’ll even have some extra juice left over to drink with your fresh muffins!
You can serve these muffins for breakfast, snack, or dessert. I like to have them slightly warm with a touch of salted butter. My kids devoured them and asked for more. That’s when you really know that a recipe is a success.
Tips for Making Apple Mandarin Yogurt Muffins
- The combination of cake flour and whole wheat flour gives these muffins a softness that you wouldn’t get if you used whole wheat flour alone.
- No applesauce on hand? Try mashed banana instead.
- Don’t have muffin liners? Use a baking spray, or butter and flour the muffin tin thoroughly.
- Since these are higher in protein than your average muffin (because of all the Greek yogurt), they will get firmer if left out. Be sure to store airtight after cooling.
- If you have extra batter left over, you can thin it out with a bit of milk and use it as pancake batter. Yum!
- Use this store locator to find delicious Noble Juice where you live. Can’t find it? Substitute a 1/4 cup of orange juice plus 1/4 cup of apple juice.
Serves 12 - 16 muffins
10 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1/4 cup cake flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, very soft
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup Noble Juice Apple Mandarin Chai
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup plain whole milk Greek yogurt
- Preheat the oven to 350, and line a 12 muffin pan with liners.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the flours, baking powder & soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the butter and sugar, then mix until well combined. Add the eggs, sour cream, applesauce, and juice, then mix very thoroughly. Keep beating until most of the lumps are gone.
- Add the dry mix to the large mixing bowl. Mix until the batter is just combined. Don't over mix at this stage.
- Fill the muffin cups almost full. Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of a muffin comes out clean. Cool in the pan on a rack for 15 minutes, then take the muffins out of the pan and set them upright on the rack to finish cooling.
- Enjoy when cool. Store airtight.
Also, check out the breakfast smoothie I made with Noble Juice!