This sweet breakfast bowl shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BringYourBestBowl #Walmart #CollectiveBias
Cannoli Flavored Overnight Oats: A Sweet Breakfast Bowl
There’s a story behind this recipe, and I’m sharing it with you as a part of Quaker® Oats Bring Your Best Bowl.
Sometimes, you come to things later in life than you should have.
Perhaps it was the fault of a not-so-good cannoli, tasted aeons ago, that led me to think that I didn’t like cannolis. There’s really no other rational explanation.
I spent many years declining the classic Italian dessert, opting for tiramisu or affogato or some other reliable sweet, until a couple of months ago when my dad & stepmom brought me a box of goodies from a local Italian bakery.
One bite, and my life was changed forever.
Now I order cannolis almost compulsively. I can’t pass them up, and once consumed, they get ranked on my ever-evolving mental list of Cannolis I Have Eaten. Spot number one goes to a restaurant that is unfortunately quite far out of my usual driving range, so I’ve decided to get creative and make a cannoli flavored overnight oats recipe that I can enjoy every morning if I desire.
I was pretty new to overnight oats as well, but once I discovered them, I’ve enjoyed playing around with different flavors. And what could be better than a dessert flavor for a sweet breakfast? It makes you feel like you’re getting away with something.
Want to see some more exciting oatmeal ideas? Ready to create one of your own? Then check out the Quaker® Oats Bring Your Best Bowl sweepstakes. Recipes for this contest can have between 2 and 5 ingredients (not counting milk, water, or oats), so keep it simple! You could win $250,000, and select entries will be recreated and sold in stores. Hurry, though, because the sweepstakes ends March 12, 2016.
I picked up everything I needed at Walmart, including a canister of Quaker® Oats Old Fashioned Oats on the cereal aisle.
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup mascarpone cheese
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup Quaker® Oats old fashioned oats (do not use quick, instant, or steel cut- they will not work the same)
- Mini chocolate chips
- 1 cannoli shell (optional, for garnish)
- In a blender or food processor, combine the milk, mascarpone cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla, then blend until smooth.
- In a bowl, combine the oats and the flavored milk. Stir, then cover and let sit in the refrigerator overnight.
- In the morning, stir, then divide into two portions. Garnish with mini chocolate chips, and crumbled pieces of cannoli shell. Serve immediately.
Get more oatmeal inspiration from Quaker® Oats and Bring Your Best Bowl!