As you may or may not know, I periodically host a wild and crazy event known as the #TimeLordChefs, a Doctor Who themed cooking challenge in which me some like-minded bloggers create awesome Whovian treats.
This month’s theme is Classic Doctor Who. I had originally decided to make pull-apart brownies to look like the Fourth Doctor’s scarf, but when I saw that Dini of The Flavor Bender and Vohn of Vohn’s Vittles had also chosen to honor the great Tom Baker, I felt like I should switch gears and try something different.
When I went through a second brainstorming session, I thought of the Fifth Doctor, Peter Davison, who always wore a sprig of celery in his buttonhole in lieu of a flower.
I thought that the color combination was rather striking: bright green celery on tan fabric, accented by red piping around the edges of the lapels. So I decided to create a celery snack to honor the Fifth Doctor’s fashion accessory. The whipped peanut butter cream cheese represents the tan fabric, and the whipped strawberry cream cheese represents the red piping. I could have made it more red with food coloring, but decided to let it be its own natural color. You’re certainly welcome to punch it up with more color if you like.
I enjoyed whipping out my OXO Silicone Decorating Bottle Kit and using it to pipe in the flavored cream cheeses. Considering that I am quite decorating-impaired, this was a triumph. I love that kit.
Interestingly enough, I hate raw celery- but I had a grand time licking out the filling after I took my photos. Very tasty. And if you like celery, why then it’ll be even easier for you to eat. Enjoy!
Fresh, raw celery paired with two flavored whipped cream cheese dips. A great snack!
5 minPrep Time
5 minTotal Time
- 2 pieces of raw celery, washed and trimmed
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 TB peanut butter
- 1 TB strawberry jam
- 3 TB powdered sugar, divided
- Place the cream cheese in a large bowl and beat on low to medium speed until very soft and easy to stir.
- Scoop half of the cream cheese into a second bowl. To the first bowl, add the peanut butter and beat until thoroughly combined. Add 2 TB of powdered sugar and beat again until combined. Taste and add more sugar if you like.
- To the second bowl, add the strawberry jam and beat until thoroughly combined. Add 1 TB of powdered sugar and beat again until combined.
- To serve, you may put each dip in a bowl and lay out the celery nearby. Or, you can spread or pipe a layer of each dip into the center of each piece of celery.
This post is not sponsored, but does contain an affiliate link. If you shop through my links, I get a small commission that, over the course of a hundred years, may actually allow me to pay off the large amounts I’ve spent on chocolate and butter. Thanks!