This easy chocolate brownie recipe will be in the oven as quick as a wink. It has a classic brownie texture and tons of deep, dark chocolate flavor.
This quick and simple chocolate brownie recipe uses unsweetened chocolate for a powerful chocolate flavor. It’s a classic brownie with a classic brownie taste:
- Fudgy, but not too dense
- Rich dark chocolate flavor
- A little bit of chewiness around the edges
An excellent all-around brownie! It just might remind you of the made-from-scratch brownies you had as a kid. (If you have cocoa powder but not unsweetened chocolate, try this Easy Brownie Recipe.)
Chocolate Brownie Recipe
- 3 oz unsweetened chocolate broken or chopped to pieces
- 8 TB unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350 and prepare an 8 inch square pan by lining it with foil or parchment paper.
- In a microwaveable bowl, melt butter and chocolate together in 20 second bursts, stirring in between, until completely melted and smooth.
- In a large bowl, combine butter and chocolate mixture with sugar and stir. Add eggs and stir. Add vanilla and salt. Stir.
- Add flour and stir until flour is just incorporated. Pour batter into prepared pan and smooth out.
- Bake approximately 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out with moist crumbs, but not wet batter.
- Set pan on a rack to cool.
After the batter is complete, you can gently stir in your favorite nuts or chocolate chips if you like before transferring batter to the pan.
If you liked this chocolate brownie recipe, be sure to try one of these others:
Also, read my picks of homemade brownie recipes from baking bloggers around the web.