This chocolate fudge brownie recipe is the gooiest brownie I’ve ever made. It is so soft and gooey that you could eat it with a spoon if you wanted. Not only that, but it contains a full half pound of chocolate in just an 8 inch pan!
Notice in the photo how very, very moist these appear. They really are that moist; it’s not just a trick of the light. To make these fudge brownies easier to cut, after they cool off a bit I recommend placing them in the refrigerator to firm up completely.
If you like fudge brownies but would like to use cocoa instead of chocolate, try this Easy Brownie Recipe. And if you prefer a brownie that is rich but not quite as gooey, try this Chocolate Brownie Recipe.
Fudgy, gooey brownies made with half a pound of chocolate.
10 minPrep Time
30 minCook Time
40 minTotal Time
- 1/2 cup of unsalted butter
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate (between 55 and 60%)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 325 and prepare an 8 inch square pan by lining it with foil or parchment paper.
- In a microwaveable bowl, melt butter and chocolate together in 20 second bursts, stirring in between, until completely melted and smooth.
- In a large bowl, combine butter and chocolate mixture with sugar and stir. Add eggs and stir. Add vanilla and salt. Stir.
- Add flour and stir until flour is just incorporated. Pour batter into prepared pan and smooth out.
- Bake approximately 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out with moist crumbs, but not wet batter. The sides will be firmer than the middle, but the middle should not be liquid.
- Set pan on a rack to cool for about 15 minutes. Transfer pan to refrigerator to finish cooling completely- this will make the brownies easier to cut.