Mmm… hello, beautiful waffle stack.
Chocolate Strawberry Waffle Stack
I love breakfast recipes that are easy, yet tempting enough for everyone to want to dig in and have a hearty meal. Once that alarm buzzes, you have only a short amount of time before everyone streams out the door on their way to work or school. This amazing waffle stack fits the bill perfectly.
Waffles are a great way to start the day. They’re warm, with a little crunch and a little sweetness, and if you do it right, you can make a lot of them very quickly. This towering waffle stack really is the best waffle recipe to feed a crowd, because it uses a handy shortcut: ready-to-heat waffles!
I know, I know. We’d all like to live up to the fantasy of from-scratch food at every meal. However, weekday mornings are not always ideal for serious cooking. I’d rather reduce my stress and still produce a beautiful, better-for-you breakfast with just three ingredients!
So how is this possible? Simple. First, you pick up your favorite waffles. Go with whole wheat for a nutrition boost.
Grab a package or two of your favorite fresh berries. (Hint: pick something that goes well with chocolate.) I chose strawberries.
Get a jar of your favorite chocolate hazelnut spread.
Then, bake your waffles and stack away! You can make individual stacks or one giant stack, as you prefer. You can also make variations of this by using different fruits and different toppings. A light dusting of powdered sugar could be added, or a sprinkle of nuts. Get creative and find the flavors that suit you.
If you haven’t checked out some of my other breakfast recipes, like this strawberry breakfast cake, or this breakfast bundt cake, please do! You just might enjoy them.
What do you do for breakfast on weekday mornings?
This towering stack of waffles, fruit, and chocolate hazelnut spread is a delicious way to start the day.
5 minPrep Time
5 minCook Time
10 minTotal Time
- 8 frozen waffles
- 16 ounces of fresh strawberries, washed and sliced in half
- 3/4 cup of chocolate hazelnut spread
- Bake the waffles in the oven according to the package directions.
- Spread or pipe chocolate hazelnut spread on the top of each waffle.
- Lay one waffle on a plate, chocolate hazelnut side up. Top evenly with four strawberry halves. Place another waffle on top, also chocolate hazelnut side up.
- Repeat until your stack is the size you want. You can also make four smaller stacks of two waffles each.
- Serve immediately.