These almond flour brownies are thick, fudgy, and have a wonderful almond taste. They’re also suitable for a gluten free diet!
Almond Flour Brownies
I had a bag of almond flour leftover from some experimental cake baking, and being the brownie fanatic that I am, I decided to make some almond flour brownies.
These brownies are thick, fudgy, and have a little extra texture from the almond flour. They’re perfect for anyone who likes a sweet almond flavor, and suitable for those on a gluten free diet if you use all gluten free ingredients.
I’m contributing this recipe to this week’s Sunday Supper event for “Food that Travels,” hosted by Life Tastes Good, as this would be a great dessert to bring with you to a party. It keeps well and travels easily in its own pan! Be sure to check out all the other traveling food recipe links at the bottom of this post.
As you can see from the photo, I enjoyed them with a nice tall glass of milk- but then, I’m old-fashioned that way. I wonder what they’d be like with a glass of almond milk?
Fudgy Almond Flour Brownies Recipe
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter (1 1/2 sticks) melted
- 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup unsweetened natural cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- Preheat the oven to 350 and prepare an 8 inch square pan by lining it with parchment or foil.
- In a small bowl, stir together the flour and the cocoa until well combined, then set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the melted butter, sugar, salt, and vanilla, and whisk together. Mixture will be grainy but uniform. Add the eggs one at a time, whisking thoroughly after each addition.
- Set aside the whisk and add the flour/cocoa mixture to the large bowl. Stir with a large spoon or spatula until just combined, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and smooth out the top. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out with moist crumbs but no liquid batter attached. Set the pan on a rack to cool for 15 minutes, then use the pan liner to lift the brownies out. Set the brownies on a rack to finish cooling.
Food That Travels – More #SundaySupper Recipes
- Almond Flour Brownies by Recipe for Perfection
- Cherry Blueberry Pie by Pies and Plots
- Cherry Pound Cake with Lime Glaze by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Classic Carrot Cake by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- No Bake Banana Pie in a Jar by Our Good Life
- No Bake Millionaire Shortbread Cookies by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Oatmeal Raisin Banana Bars by What Smells So Good?
Mains in Motion
- Baby Back Pork Loin Ribs by The Freshman Cook
- BBQ Chicken On The Grill To Go by Family Foodie
- Chicken Salad Skewers by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Cobb Salad in a Jar by Life Tastes Good
- Farro with Eggplant and Tomato by Cooking Chat
- Mediterranean Pasta Salad by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Mexican Breakfast Casserole by Simply Healthy Family
- Pan Bagnat (Provençal Tuna Sandwich) by Curious Cuisiniere
- Pastitsio by Food Done Light
- Roasted Vegetable Tart by Adventures in All Things Food
- Spinach Pie by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Vegan SuperFood Bowl by Sustainable Dad
- Grilled Corn, Bean & Radish Salad by Feeding Big
- Heirloom Tomato Salsa by Nosh My Way
- Parmesan Pasta Salad by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Pomodoro Fresco Pasta Salad by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Cherry Crumble No-Bake Energy Bars by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Chocolate Zucchini Muffins by Caroline’s Cooking
- Energy Balls by Noshing With The Nolands
- Sunflower Seed Oatmeal Bars by Magnolia Days
- 5 Comfort Food Tips by Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.