This chipotle sour cream dip shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #HoopsWithCrunch #CollectiveBias
Chipotle Sour Cream Dip
Is it that college basketball time again? Seems like it was just a few weeks ago when I was whipping up some bacon cheeseburger dip to go with my Cheez-It Crackers game time snack. How time flies!
Indeed, it is once more that time where we set out our favorite party snacks and settle in to cheer on our favorite college basketball teams. And if those around you couldn’t name a college team to save their lives, you’ll be glad to know that the provision of a wide array of snacks will overcome anyone’s objection to enjoying the game.
Cheez-It Crackers are the perfect game day snack. If you like spicy stuff, you’re going to love Cheez-It Hot & Spicy Grooves and Cheez-It Sriracha Snack Mix. You can taste the difference that real cheese makes!
If you like to temper your spicy with coolness, you’ll love this recipe for Chipotle Sour Cream Dip. It makes a great accompaniment to all your favorite dippable snacks.
I picked up my Cheez-Its at Target, which is a great place to stock up on all your game day party supplies.
Large boxes of Cheez-Its are just 3 for $8 through April 1st, and can be found in the grocery section and/or by the checkout lanes.
Tips for Making Chipotle Sour Cream Dip
- I always use regular sour cream, but if you prefer to use reduced-fat or fat-free sour cream, you can use them instead.
- Cilantro is a love/hate herb. Some love it, some hate it. I love it and will garnish any vaguely Mexican cuisine with handfuls of the stuff. Feel free to leave it out if you are not a cilantro-lover.
- If you are having trouble finding canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce at your regular grocery store, double check the Hispanic section (if you have one), or seek out a Hispanic grocery store. It’s a magical ingredient and truly worth seeking out.
- Use this dip for topping tasty Mexican burgers!
Chipotle Sour Cream
Combine sour cream and chipotle peppers in adobo sauce in just the right proportion to make a delicious chipotle sour cream. Get this easy recipe!
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1/4 cup chipotle peppers in adobo sauce sold in cans in the Latino grocery section
- cilantro optional, for garnish
Place the sour cream in a bowl.
Chop the peppers to desired consistency.
Scrape the chopped peppers and sauce into the bowl with the sour cream. Stir thoroughly.
Garnish with fresh chopped cilantro (if desired) and serve immediately.