This chocolate chip cookie cake recipe shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #mixinmoments #CollectiveBias
Want to make one of those big cookie cakes like you’ve seen in the mall? Here’s an easy and quick chocolate chip cookie cake recipe!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake Recipe
You know you’ve admired them.
Those tempting cookie cakes in brightly lit cases at the mall, each one lovingly swirled with frosted greetings and candy accents, are like the sirens of confection.
Sure, you could pick one up at the store, but why do that when it’s so easy to make one at home? This three step recipe is remarkably easy, but everyone will think you’re a baking genius.
It’s fun to be thought of as a baking genius. You get comments like, “I don’t know how you do it!” and “I wish I could bake like that!” to which you can respond with a mysterious Mona Lisa smile and a modest lowering of the eyelids.
Whip up this chocolate chip cookie cake recipe for birthdays, graduations, or just any old time you feel like having some fun.
I’m using Nestle Toll House Baking Mix to make mine even easier to make. It’s a way to do your very best baking without exerting yourself too much. These new baking mixes come in four different varieties.
- Brownies & More with Butterfingers
- Brownies & More with Chocolate Morsels
- Cookies & More with Butterfingers
- Cookies & More with Chocolate Morsels
Since I’m making a classic chocolate chip cookie cake, I selected the NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Cookies & More Cookie Baking Mix with Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels.
I picked mine up at Target in the baking aisle. You can use this Ibotta offer to save, too.
These baking mixes are made with premium ingredients, have no artificial colors or flavors, and are versatile enough to use in many different types of recipes. Check out these baking ideas for inspiration.
If you’re like me, you’ll enjoy putting your own special twist on a cookie cake, and you’ll feel very proud that you made it yourself!
Tips for Making a Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake
- Make sure that you pat the dough out evenly, and not too thin. If it’s too thin, it will break up when you try to move it after cooling.
- Ovens vary in temperature, so turn on the oven light and look through the oven window every now and again to check your cookie cake’s progress.
- It is better to slightly overbake than to underbake. Slight overbaking might give you a crunchy edge, but underbaking is nearly impossible to fix once the cookie cake has started to cool.
- Get fancy! Have some frosting and colorful candies on hand to decorate your chocolate chip cookie cake once it cools.
- You can make a double-decker cookie cake by baking two of this chocolate chip cookie cake recipe. Once the cookie cakes are cool, spread or pipe frosting on one, then stack the other on top. Decorate as desired.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake Recipe
This delicious treat will definitely help your sweet tooth!
- 1 box NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Cookies & More Cookie Baking Mix with Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
Preheat oven to 350 F. Using an electric mixer if possible, beat together the egg, water, and softened butter in a large mixing bowl. Add the mix a little at a time and continue to beat the mixture until the mix is used up. Stir in the chocolate morsels.
Place the dough on a piece of parchment paper on a large baking sheet or pizza pan. Press or roll out the dough until an even circle is formed, about 9 to 10 inches across.
Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown on top. Let cool before serving or decorating.
Ready to shop? Here’s where to find this product at Target in the baking aisle of the grocery section.
Get more ideas for using Nestle Toll House Baking Mix, and pick up your Ibotta offer here!