Fresh ginger gives this smooth, creamy ginger ice cream a subtle kiss of flavor. This easy ice cream recipe is simple and delicious!
This ginger ice cream shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #NoTakeOutNeeded #CollectiveBias
Fresh Ginger Ice Cream
There are nights that you want to pick up takeout, but you’re actually too tired to leave the house. This happens to me more often than I would like to admit.
On those occasions, sometimes it’s a lifesaver to be able to whip something up at home. You can stay in your pajamas and spend more time with the family, rather than running around out in the world trying to find dinner. Am I the only person who makes dinner in their pajamas? On second thought, don’t answer that.
So, plan ahead for nights like this. Get your coupon for $2 off one InnovAsian entree!
And while you’re at it, you can pick up the ingredients for some fresh ginger ice cream, too.
I picked up everything I needed at Walmart. The InnovAsian entrees and sides are located in the frozen foods section.
InnovAsian entrees and sides have bold, flavorful sauces, better-for-you ingredients, and no MSG. Not only do they taste as good as takeout, but they take 20 minutes or less to prepare, so that means more time for you to enjoy with your family. You can also earn rewards when you purchase InnovAsian entrees and sides!
You’ll love the all white meat chicken and crisp, fresh-tasting vegetables. I certainly enjoyed how easy it was to prepare, too!
Afterwards, you can finish off your meal with a cup of fresh ginger ice cream. It’s lightly flavored with ginger and a kiss of cinnamon and vanilla.
Tips for Making Fresh Ginger Ice Cream
- The longer the ginger sits in the ice cream base, the more ginger flavor you’ll get in your ice cream. Let it sit for a few hours for a lighter flavor, or overnight for a stronger flavor. Either way is delicious.
- If you love ginger, try garnishing the ice cream with bits of candied ginger.
- This ice cream can be served soft, right out of the ice cream maker, or you can freeze it overnight for firmer ice cream.
Fresh Ginger Ice Cream
- 1 cup milk
- 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup sliced fresh ginger (sliced into thin rounds like coins)
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch cinnamon
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the milk and sugar until the sugar is dissolved.
- Add the sliced ginger, vanilla, and cinnamon. Stir together until combined.
- Add the heavy whipping cream and stir gently to combine.
- Cover the bowl and let sit in the refrigerator for a few hours, or overnight.
- Strain the mixture and process in an ice cream maker. Serve while soft, or freeze until firm.
Don’t forget to get your coupon for $2 off one InnovAsian entree!