This naturally green punch shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser, Walmart Family Mobile. All opinions are mine alone. #AngryForSavings #CollectiveBias
Want to make a fun green punch for your next party, but don’t want to use artificial coloring? This green punch is sweet, delicious, and naturally green!
How to Make Green Punch Without Food Coloring
What’s a party without punch? Julia Child once said, “A party without cake is really just a meeting.” I think that punch qualifies for that designation as well!
Whether it’s a celebration, a movie night, or a meeting that needs transforming into something more fun, you can use this naturally green punch to liven up the proceedings.
Would you be surprised if I told you that the secret ingredient is spinach?
Wait! Don’t run off. I promise that you cannot taste the spinach at all. It blends quietly into the punch and disappears, leaving only a lovely green color behind.
Instead, you’ll taste a fruity combination of pineapple, banana, and coconut, all in a smooth, creamy drink that refreshes and satisfies.
I made this natural green punch for an Angry Birds movie night with the family. The green color is for Boomerang Bird, also known as Hal, a green bird featured in the movie.
I really wanted to make a Boomerang Bird-themed punch, with a nice green color, but I wasn’t sure how to do it without using food coloring.
Lucky for me, we’d just signed up for the new Walmart Family Mobile PLUS Plan with Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data, including up to 10GB of 4G LTE plus a free movie on VUDU every month ($7 value) per line for $49.88.
One of the nice things about having this much data is that we can access so much more entertainment and information without worrying about using up our data too quickly. It’s more fun to use data when you know you have plenty to spare.
So, while at the store shopping for green punch ingredients, I used my data plan to find out how to make my movie night punch go green, naturally!
With all that data, plus a free movie every month. I can either plan a movie night with the family, or watch something just for me. And, since you can watch the free movie on your TV, it’s easy to kick back and enjoy knowing that you’re saving money on entertainment every single month.
Before you head to Walmart to grab this offer, plan ahead by checking to see if there’s an in-store event near you. Once you’re there, look for the Angry Birds display where the Walmart Family Mobile phones are located. There are two freebies you can get while you’re there.
- The event will have a code that you can scan to receive a free power up for the Endless Runner Game on the Angry Birds Action! app.
- You can also scan the Angry Birds code on the displays to unlock a selfie augmented reality experience with the Hatchlings.
All you’ll need is the phone of your choice, such as the Coolpad Catalyst, HTC Desire 530, Samsung Galaxy On5, or the LG Stylo 2 Plus, and a Starter Kit. I chose the LG Stylo 2 Plus for its large screen and handy stylus for just $199.00.
The Starter Kit is on rollback for just $19.88, which is a really low out-of-pocket expense compared to other prepaid carriers. Since Walmart Family Mobile bills you at the end of the month, you’ll only pay $19.88 to get started!
Tips for Making Green Punch Without Food Coloring
- Use fresh baby spinach instead of regular spinach. The flavor is so mild that you can’t taste it.
- Don’t use cooked spinach! It has a completely different flavor and texture.
- Freeze the bananas for thicker punch.
- If you don’t have honey on hand, or you prefer to use a different sweetener, simply add the sweetener of your choice a little bit at a time until the punch tastes as sweet as you like.
- Coconut milk comes in cans, and is different from coconut water or coconut cream. Look carefully at the label before you put it in your grocery cart to make sure you have the right one.
- You need a blender for this recipe. If your blender doesn’t seem to be large enough to fit all the ingredients, halve the recipe and make the green punch in two batches.
How to Make Green Punch Without Food Coloring
Want to make a fun green punch for your next party, but don't want to use artificial coloring? This green punch is sweet, delicious, and naturally green!
- 2 medium bananas
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup ice
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach leaves lightly packed
Place all ingredients in a large blender and blend until the punch is frothy and very smooth. Serve immediately.
Check out Walmart Family Mobile plans today!
All prices for phones and plans included in this post are accurate as of the date of posting; however, these prices are subject to change. Please refer to http://cbi.as/4q-u1 or your local Walmart for current pricing.