So, you want to have your brownies in 2 minutes or less, do you?
With the magic of a microwave, you can now have a brownie in a cup faster than you can preheat an oven. This brownie in a cup recipe is quick, easy, and satisfies that on-the-spot brownie craving when you don’t have the time or inclination to bake a full pan of brownies.
All you need is a mug, a microwave, and a few simple ingredients.
Brownie in a Cup Recipe Ingredients
- 1 egg
- .2 cups (about 3 tablespoons) of vegetable or canola oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of water
- 1 cup of brownie mix
- Cooking spray
- Chocolate chips (to taste)
Brownie in a Cup Recipe Directions
- Crack the egg into a bowl, add the water and oil, and whisk until blended.
- Pour in the brownie mix and stir until smooth.
- Lightly spray the inside of a mug with cooking spray. Dab away excess with a paper towel.
- Pour the brownie batter into the mug and place in the microwave. Microwave for 45 seconds, then check it. If it’s risen in the mug, it’s done. If not, microwave for another 15 seconds.
- Loosen the brownie from the sides of the mug and invert on a plate. Add toppings to taste and enjoy!
Ready to bake some brownies in the oven? Try these classic Triple Chocolate Brownies!
Recipe adapted from Cosmopolitan