This mocha latte dessert shooters recipe was sponsored by Acorn Influence, and its advertiser, Café Breaks. All opinions are my own. #LoveCafeBreaks
Make a dessert shooter just like a fancy coffee drink with a simple combination of coffee pudding, whipped cream, and chocolate syrup. Easy and delicious!
Mocha Latte Dessert Shooters
At first, I thought, “No, it’s too easy.” Then I thought, “But it’s so good.”
Guess which thought won out?
You may know of my great and passionate love for coffee. If not, let me tell you about it.
I love coffee. A day without coffee is a day without sunshine. Good coffee is the key to my writing, my creativity, and in general, my continued ability to function.
I typically prefer to make my coffee at home. However, once in a while, I am tempted by one of those frou-frou coffee drinks piled high with a ridiculous amount of whipped cream and crowned with a drizzle of chocolate syrup.
You know the ones.
So I decided to make a tiny dessert version that I could enjoy at home. It’s extremely simple, yet it looks and tastes like one of those elegant little dessert shooters you might pick off a gleaming silver tray at a restaurant.
I highly recommend making them for yourself as a lovely afternoon treat. And if you’re a generous type, make them for friends and family, too. Or serve them at a party. Maybe even start your own roadside stand and hawk them for a dollar a pop. Kidding! (They’d totally sell, though.)
You only need a couple of ingredients to make these dessert shooters, although I’ll also give you a few more variations to play with.
I’m using the new Café Break pudding cups as the base for this recipe. Café Break pudding cups come in two flavors at Walmart: Mocha Latte & Caramel Latte.
I picked up both kinds, because of course I would pick up both kinds, and I used the Ibotta app to save $1 on a 4-pack of Café Break pudding cups.
You can find these pudding cups in the snack aisle at Walmart.
They’re an indulgent treat that won’t break the bank. I enjoy kicking back with a Café Break pudding cup during those (brief) lulls in the day when I have a moment to relax. It might be right before I head out to pick up my daughter from school, or late in the day when the kids have gone to bed.
Any time is a good time for pudding.
Variations of Coffee Dessert Shooters
- Caramel Latte Dessert Shooter: Café Break Caramel Latte Pudding, whipped cream, caramel sauce
- Cookies & Cream Coffee Dessert Shooter: Café Break Mocha Latte Pudding, crumbled chocolate sandwich cookies, whipped cream, chocolate syrup
- Chocolate Pumpkin Spice Coffee Dessert Shooter: Café Break Mocha Latte Pudding with a pinch of pumpkin pie spice stirred in, whipped cream, garnish of pumpkin pie spice
- Mint Mocha Latte Dessert Shooter: Café Break Mocha Latte Pudding with a few drops of mint extract stirred in, whipped cream, fresh mint leaf garnish
- Banana Pudding Latte Dessert Shooter: Café Break Caramel Latte Pudding, sliced banana, whipped cream, caramel sauce, crumbled vanilla wafer cookies
Mocha Latte Dessert Shooters
- Coffee flavored pudding such as Cafe Breaks Mocha Latte pudding
- Whipped cream
- Chocolate syrup
- Spoon the pudding into shot glasses, leaving a little space at the top.
- Add the whipped cream on top of the pudding.
- Drizzle chocolate syrup over the whipped cream.
- Serve immediately.
If you can't find coffee flavored pudding, stir a few drops of coffee extract into chocolate pudding.
Get the Ibotta app to save $1 on a 4-pack of Café Break pudding cups!