This triple chocolate homemade brownie recipe is simple yet stunningly good. Three kinds of chocolate make the flavor of these brownies rich and deep!
The other day I noticed that when many people look for brownie recipes online, they often search for a “homemade brownie recipe.” So I started thinking about what homemade really means to me. When I picture something that’s homemade, I imagine something special. I imagine something that’s made with love, and thought, and care. Therefore, in the spirit of all things homemade, I’d like to offer my own homemade brownie recipe. I put a lot of thought into it so that it would be the very best recipe possible for all of you brownie searchers out there.
These brownies include:
- Unsweetened chocolate, for its edgy liquor-like flavor;
- Natural cocoa powder, for its exuberant fruitiness;
- My very favorite semi-sweet chocolate chips with their notes of coffee;
- Extra vanilla extract;
- And finally, a little sprinkling of salt to finish them off. It’s a secret flavor weapon.
Of course, you may use Dutch-process cocoa powder just as well, and your own favorite chocolate chips too. This recipe is flexible and will still be delicious.
Trust me, you’ll be amazed at the notes of coffee, vanilla, cocoa, and chocolate that will linger on your tongue. This is the closest I’ve come to the perfect brownie.
Triple Chocolate Homemade Brownie Recipe
- 2 oz unsweetened chocolate
- 9 TB unsalted butter
- 3 TB unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt plus extra for sprinkling
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup pecans or walnuts in pieces optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and prepare an 8 inch pan by lining it with foil or parchment paper.
- In a large microwaveable bowl, melt the butter and chocolate together in 20 second bursts, stirring in between, until completely melted and smooth. Add the cocoa powder and stir until completely smooth.
- Add the sugar, 1/4 tsp salt, and vanilla. Stir together; mixture will be grainy.
- Add the eggs and stir thoroughly until mixture is smooth and very glossy.
- Sprinkle the flour over the mixture and then stir gently until flour is just incorporated.
- Gently stir in the chocolate chips and nuts (if used). Scrape into prepared pan and smooth out evenly.
- Sprinkle a few grains of salt all over the top of the batter. Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out with moist crumbs and the center does not appear jiggly like a liquid.