You haven’t had tuna burgers until you’ve tried this tuna burger recipe! It’s so easy and delicious that it will make you look at tuna in a whole new way.
Tuna Burger Recipe
My kids love burgers. I swear that if you put something in burger form, they instantly like it. So making things into burgers is a time-honored (and effective) tradition around here.
They already love my tuna cakes. Now it’s time to take tuna to the next level all over again with a delicious tuna burger recipe. It’s easy to make for a quick weeknight dinner, or any other time you feel like putting something really tasty in your mouth.
You’ll want to start out by picking the right tuna. I use Bumble Bee® Solid White Albacore because of its firm texture, light color, and fresh taste. Its texture makes it much easier to use for tuna burgers than chunk light tuna.
Plus, Bumble Bee® Solid White Albacore is responsibly wild caught and full of lean protein, healthy fat, vitamins, and minerals. (See full nutrition info.)
Making these tuna burgers is a snap. You only need a few ingredients to make them, and then you can dress them up on a bun any way that you like.
I like to get a little fancy. It’s a good excuse to buy a some good sliced cheese, some pretty greens, and maybe a few slices of avocado and ripe tomato. Talk about good eating!
Of course, you or your family might like to keep it traditional by building a tuna burger with the classic burger toppings. That’s OK, too. Pile on the lettuce, tomato, pickles, and onions!
Bookmark this tuna burger recipe to keep it handy, and keep your pantry stocked with Bumble Bee® Solid White Albacore so you can whip these up at a moment’s notice.
Tips for Making Tuna Burgers
- Make sure you buy Bumble Bee® Solid White Albacore. Its firmness holds a burger shape well and provides a nice texture.
- Running low on breadcrumbs? Pound crackers into crumbs, or crumble toast into breadcrumbs, as a substitute.
- If you end up with extra tuna burgers left over (unlikely, but within the realm of possibility), they reheat really well. Simply place them in the oven at 375 F until sizzling, about 5 to 8 minutes.
- Try remoulade sauce as a sandwich spread! It’s delicious.
Tuna Burger Recipe
- 1/2 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Generous grind of black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon mayonnaise
- 10 ounces solid white albacore tuna drained
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- Preheat a large nonstick skillet on medium low heat while you prepare the burger mix.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the breadcrumbs, paprika, onion powder, black pepper, and sugar, then mix thoroughly.
- Add the mayo, tuna, and beaten eggs. Stir the mixture until well combined.
- Drizzle the oil into the skillet and let it heat as you make the first patty.
- Form 1/4 of the mixture into an even patty. Slip it gently into the hot skillet. Cook about 2 to 3 minutes on each side, or until the patty is golden brown. Repeat with the rest of the mixture to make a total of 4 burgers.
Learn more about Only Bumble Bee Albacore Will Do™!
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.