Nothing great is created suddenly, any more than a bunch of grapes or a fig. If you tell me that you desire a fig. I answer you that there must be time. Let it first blossom, then bear fruit, then ripen.– Epictetus
If you tell me that you desire a fig… I answer you that you are in luck today! Orchard Choice Fig Spreads are helping “Spread the Love” with their four delicious fig spreads and dried Mission Figlets. I got to try all four spreads and the dried Mission Figlets, too. I think you’ll enjoy their sensuous texture and flavor just as much as I did!
These spreads come in four unique flavors:
- Organic Mission Spread – Sweet, earthy, and bursting with fig flavor
- Fig Orange Spread – Figs laced with a tangy twist of orange
- Fig and Port Spread – Luscious figs drenched in port
- Balsamic Pepper Spread – Figs with sassy balsamic vinegar and spicy black pepper
Why not spread the love on Valentine’s Day with these pairing ideas? It’s the perfect way to spoil yourself or your special someone.
- Start with breakfast in bed and fresh hot scones topped cream cheese and Orchard Choice California Orange Fig Spread or Organic Mission California Fig Spread.
- Top heart-shaped crackers with blue cheese and a dollop of Orchard Choice Port Wine California Fig Spread.
- Start your Valentine’s dinner off with a fig appetizer. Cut figs in half, stuff with goat cheese, wrap in a thin, silky smooth strip of prosciutto, then drizzle with a little aged balsamic vinegar.
If you’re looking for even more romantic meal ideas, try these aphrodisiac-packed recipes. (Aphrodisiac ingredients appear in parentheses.)
California Fig and Arugula Salad (figs, arugula)
Pork Medallions with Honeyed Figs and Apples (figs, honey, apples)
Rosemary Chicken with Fig Orange Sauce (figs, rosemary)
Braised Chicken with Fennel and Dried Figs (figs, fennel, carrots, garlic)
Chocolate-Dipped Stuffed Figs (figs, chocolate, ginger, almonds, vanilla)
Warm Chocolate Fig Cakes (figs, chocolate)
Chocolate Pudding with Amaretto Figs (figs, chocolate)
Dark Chocolate Bark with Figs and Nuts (figs, chocolate, almonds)