This cucumber raita recipe was sponsored by Sandwich Bros. All opinions are my own.
This cucumber raita recipe is made with whole milk yogurt, cumin, cilantro and seedless cucumbers. A perfectly cool and refreshing dip!
Cucumber Raita Recipe
Dips are something of a hobby of mine. A lot of my kitchen experimentation time is spent on combining different ingredients that will result in tasty dip!
Dips can be hot or cold, spicy or cool, and I love them all. For today’s dip, I’m focusing on one of the cooler styles of dip embodied in a refreshing dip of Indian origin: cucumber raita.
This cucumber raita recipe is my version of the classic raita. It’s as close as I can get to the raita that’s served at my favorite Indian restaurant, and that’s pretty darn good.
You can use this dip for all kinds of applications. Dip your sandwiches. Dip some vegetables. Dip anything you like. I’ll be dipping some Sandwich Bros. Flatbread Pocket Sandwiches that I picked up at Walmart (see exact location at the bottom of this article). They’re really, really tasty!
These pocket sandwiches come in several varieties.
There’s a million ways to use them, from last minute party planning, to appetizers, or even as the star of your finger food trays. Serve them with your favorite dips (like this cucumber raita recipe). If you keep them on hand in your freezer, you’ll be ready when guests drop by or you need a quick snack before you run errands.
In fact, I had a couple of Sandwich Bros. Flatbread Pocket Sandwiches Gyro Sliders paired with this cucumber raita dip before I started my afternoon routine of picking up the family from school. The protein kept me energized for the whole run.
So, pop over and grab your cucumber raita ingredients and your favorite Sandwich Bros. Flatbread Pocket Sandwiches, and let’s get started.
Tips for Making this Cucumber Raita Recipe
- You can use whole milk or low-fat yogurt for this cucumber raita recipe, but I prefer whole milk yogurt. It’s smoother and has less of a bite.
- There are many different versions of raita. Some include fruit, such as raisins, or add chopped onions. Feel free to experiment with different ingredients and flavors to make your perfect raita.
- Adjust the ratio of yogurt to mix-ins to get a chunkier (or less chunky) dip.
- Cucumber raita keeps for a few days in the fridge. Stir before serving, as the cucumbers will release liquid into the yogurt as it sits.
- 1/4 tsp whole cumin seeds
- 3/4 cup plain whole milk yogurt
- 3/4 cup seedless cucumber peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro finely chopped
- Toast the cumin seeds by heating in a dry pan over high heat for a minute or so, until fragrant. Grind to a fine powder in a spice grinder or mortar & pestle.
- Combine the yogurt, chopped cucumber, cumin powder, and chopped cilantro in a bowl. Stir until well combined. Serve immediately, or refrigerate to store.
All raita may get watery after a few hours from the cucumbers; this is normal. Stir before serving.
Where to Buy Sandwich Bros. Flatbread Pocket Sandwiches
You can find Sandwich Bros. Flatbread Pocket Sandwiches in the frozen food section of Walmart, on the aisle with the snacks and appetizers.
Get your Sandwich Bros. coupon and follow Sandwich Bros. on Facebook!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Sandwich Bros. The opinions and text are all mine.