This roasted red pepper hummus recipe shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MadeForMore #Walmart #CollectiveBias
Roasted Red Pepper Hummus Recipe
I love hummus. I love how you can whirl it up in just moments and dig in with a tasty cracker.
I used to eat store-bought hummus all the time, but once I discovered how to make it myself, there was no turning back. I make it in all sorts of flavors, from jalapeno, to olive, to roasted red pepper, and beyond!
Today’s roasted red pepper hummus recipe is perfect for topping crackers like the new TRISCUIT Crackers available at Walmart.
I’ll show you how to make one of my favorite cracker topping combinations using TRISCUIT Mediterranean Olive Crackers, roasted red pepper hummus, goat cheese, chopped olives, and fresh rosemary.
You’ll want to try out all the exciting new and original flavors of TRISCUIT crackers. The traditional flavors include TRISCUIT Original Crackers, TRISCUIT Reduced Fat Crackers, TRISCUIT Hint of Salt Crackers, and TRISCUIT Cracked Pepper & Olive Oil Crackers.
New flavors include TRISCUIT Mediterranean Olive Crackers (used for this tutorial), TRISCUIT Smoked Gouda Crackers, and TRISCUIT Sriracha Crackers.
You can find all of them on the cracker aisle at Walmart.
Grab several flavors so you can enjoy different combinations!
Tips for Making Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
- Always rinse the canned garbanzo beans until they are no longer frothy.
- Fresh lemon juice is best, but bottled lemon juice will also work.
- I typically use sea salt, but you can play around with different salts (smoked salt, Himalayan salt, etc.) for some interesting new flavor notes.
- The consistency of the hummus is up to personal preference. I like mine a little softer, just firm enough to hold its shape, because when you put it in the refrigerator it will get more firm.
Roasted Red Pepper Hummus with Just 5 Ingredients
Make this fresh and delicious roasted red pepper hummus recipe with only 5 ingredients in just 5 minutes! It's the perfect appetizer, snack, or side dish.
- 15 ounces canned garbanzo beans drained and thoroughly rinsed
- 1/4 cup roasted red peppers
- 1/4 tahini sesame seed paste
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice fresh is best
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- tablespoon Water as needed, added 1 at a time
Combine the first 5 ingredients in a food processor and blend until very smooth, scraping down the sides of the container as needed.
If the hummus is too thick, add water 1 tablespoon at a time until a soft, creamy texture is reached. Cover tightly and refrigerate
Here’s how you make the cracker combination pictured.
1. Place a cracker on a plate or tray.
2. Top with hummus.
3. Add a bit of goat cheese.
4. Sprinkle with chopped olives and finish with a garnish of fresh rosemary.