This Walmart Family Mobile and blueberry crumble shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #DataAndAMovie #CollectiveBias
Serious grocery shopping needs a serious data plan. How many times have I been out shopping, only to realize that I’ve forgotten to write down a recipe? Many more times than I’d care to mention.
Just the other day, I was out at our local farmer’s market. A great place to shop for produce, to be sure, but not known for its wifi access.
I had been planning to pick up some fruit to make a crumble (I’m nearly obsessed with fruit crumble), but in my haste to leave the house I had neglected to write down the apple crumble recipe that I was adapting.
Never fear! For I had recently joined the ranks of the smart… or should I say, the smart phone owners? I picked up a gorgeous LG G Stylo from Walmart Family Mobile and activated it with their PLUS plan, which gave me unlimited talk, text, and data (up to 10GB 4G LTE) every month for just $49.88. You can find phones and plans either in your Walmart’s electronics department or in a dedicated Walmart Wireless store-within-a-store.
As a bonus, I also get a free movie on VUDU every month, which I can watch on other compatible devices. Sometimes I need a break from all this baking and cooking, so it’s nice to know there’s a free movie waiting for me when I have the time.
Anyway, since I had data to burn, I fired up the LG G Stylo, pulled up the recipe, and checked to see how much fruit I would need. Turns out that I needed about 4 cups of fruit.
Of course, not only had I forgotten to write down the recipe, but I couldn’t remember whether we had any cinnamon left in the pantry. And cinnamon was an integral part of the recipe, so I couldn’t leave it to chance.
No worries, right? I just called my husband right from there and asked him to check the pantry for me. Luckily, I had plenty of cinnamon left, so no need to stop at the spice table (other than gratuitous pleasure shopping).
I’ve found that the Walmart Family Mobile PLUS plan is really helping me get things done. From cooking and baking prep, to keeping in touch with the people at home, I feel much more able to access what I need, when I need it. And that means I have everything required to take care of the important stuff.
Like blueberry crumble.
10 minPrep Time
25 minCook Time
35 minTotal Time
- 4 cups blueberries
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- Pinch of salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, completely softened but not melted
- Preheat the oven to 375 F. Place the blueberries in a medium sized casserole dish or a 9 inch round cake pan.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, oats, cinnamon, brown sugar, salt, and butter. Mix and mash with a fork until the whole mixture sticks together loosely (like dry cookie dough) and there is no loose sugar or flour dust in the bowl.
- Break the mixture into chunks and drop them evenly over the top of the blueberries. Place in the oven and bake for about 25 minutes, or until the crumble on top is nicely browned.
- Let cool for a few minutes. Serve warm; over ice cream is a real treat!
Find out more about the Walmart Family Mobile PLUS plan!
Disclaimer: All prices for phones and plans included in this post are accurate as of the date of posting; however, these prices are subject to change. Please refer to http://cbi.as/28aqc or your local Walmart for current pricing.