This bone-in rib roast recipe is sponsored by Certified Angus Beef® Brand in conjunction with a social media campaign through Sunday Supper LLC. All opinions are my own.
Bone-In Rib Roast Recipe
Hands up if you’ve ever felt intimidated by the thought of cooking a large, beautiful piece of beef, such as a bone-in rib roast.
My hand is up, because I used to be intimidated, but now I am intimidated no more! With the help of the free Roast Perfect app created by Certified Angus Beef® Brand, I’m brimming with justified confidence.
Using the Roast Perfect app, I was able to view suggested cuts of beef, find a location to buy, calculate cooking times, and get thoroughly tested recipes for roasting.
If apps aren’t your thing, you can also check out the Certified Angus Beef® Brand website to learn about beef cuts for roasting and get roasting instructions, too. Learning how to cook a bone-in rib roast was much easier than I thought it would be. I was even able to look up where to buy Certified Angus Beef®, the highest quality of beef on the market, at local stores and restaurants.
A beef roast makes the perfect centerpiece for all the most memorable meals of the year. Not only are beef roasts easy to prepare, but they taste delicious and look spectacular, too. Pair your roast with a favorite side dish to make your meal complete, then sit back and wait for the compliments to roll in!
Tips for Cooking Bone-In Rib Roast
- In my recipe, I give the roast a good rub with sea salt, freshly ground black pepper, and salt free steak seasoning, but there is certainly plenty of room to get creative. Check out the Certified Angus Beef® Brand Roast Perfect Pinterest Board for lots of different seasoning ideas.
- No roasting rack? No problem. Crunch up a long piece of aluminum foil into a loose coil and place it in your roasting pan. Voila: instant roasting rack!
With a flavorful crust on the outside and perfectly tender meat on the inside, this bone-in rib roast is surprisingly easy! Made with only a couple of ingredients and with simple cooking instructions.
10 minPrep Time
3 hrCook Time
3 hr, 10 Total Time
- 8 pound bone-in rib roast
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- Salt free steak seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 425 F and line a roasting pan with foil for easy cleanup. Place a rack in the roasting pan. (If you don't have a rack, crunch up a long piece of aluminum foil into a loose coil and place it in the roasting pan.)
- Sprinkle all sides of the roast with sea salt, black pepper, and steak seasoning, pressing the seasonings gently into the roast as you go. If you have an oven-safe meat thermometer, you may insert it into the thickest part of the roast now, before it goes in the oven.
- Place the seasoned roast fatty side up on the roasting rack. Roast for 15 minutes at 425 F.
- Reduce the temperature to 325 F and continue cooking for about 2 hours and 45 minutes, or until a meat thermometer reads 135-140 F.
- Remove roast from oven and let rest 15 minutes. Slice across the grain to serve.
Follow Certified Angus Beef® Brand
- Asian Beer Marinated Roast by Food Done Light
- Bone-In Rib Roast Recipe by Recipe for Perfection
- Cajun Herb Prime Rib Roast by Flavor Mosaic
- Classic Prime Rib by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Coffee Rubbed Prime Rib Roast by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Cranberry Crusted Prime Rib Roast by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Garlic Crusted Prime Rib Roast by Life Tastes Good
- Garlic Herb Beef Tenderloin Roast with Creamy Horseradish Sauce by Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Greek Marinated Sirloin Tip Roast by Curious Cuisiniere
- Herbed Beef Tenderloin with Port Wine and Cranberry Sauce by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Lemon Pepper Sirloin Tip Roast by Magnolia Days
- Lendenbraten with Black Truffle Sauce by Palatable Pastime
- New York Strip Roast by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Prime Rib Roast with Brussels Sprouts by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Prime Rib Roast with Creamy Horseradish Sauce by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Prime Rib Roast with Santa Maria Rub by Shockingly Delicious
- Roasted Shallot and Herb Roast by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Spiced Ribeye Roast with Caramelized Onion by Cooking Chat
- Sweet and Garlicky Prime Rib by Family Foodie
- Peppercorn Beef Tenderloin Roast with Mushroom Cream Sauce by Whole Food | Real Families
- #RoastPerfect Tips Plus Holiday Roasting Recipes #SundaySupper by Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.