Easy Cuban sandwich sliders made with ham, pork, cheese, mustard, and pickles, on soft dinner rolls. Bake them for dinner or for a party!
Cuban Sandwich Sliders
Thanks for joining me for this week’s #SundaySupper “Supper Bowl” event! Today, I’m sharing a recipe for one of my favorite kinds of sandwiches: the Cuban sandwich.
I love Cuban sandwiches. There used to be a fantastic Cuban restaurant not far from where I live, and I used to make excuses to drive through that area just so I could stop in and pick up a Cuban sandwich. When that restaurant closed, I was left with the choice of driving a really long way to the next closest Cuban restaurant, or coming up with something I could make at home to satisfy my Cuban sandwich craving.
I’m lucky enough to be able to get Cuban bread at my local grocery store, so finding the necessary ingredients wasn’t a problem. The problem came when I wanted to serve appetizer sized Cuban sandwiches to my family at a big get-together, but the Cuban bread loaves just didn’t divide up as easily as I would have liked.
The next time I made this recipe for a party, I decided to get a few bags of soft dinner rolls instead of Cuban bread. Of course, dinner rolls aren’t as authentic as using actual Cuban bread, but they’re certainly a lot easier to cut into individual portions.
Not only can you make a large batch of these all at once, but you can also do the preparation ahead of time and then just pop them in the oven when you’re ready. Perfect for any party, whether it’s a simple celebration or a lavish Big Game spread.
And thanks to Gallo Family Vineyards, I got to sample a Pinot Noir and a Chardonnay with these Cuban Sandwich Sliders. With its notes of berries and cherries, the Pinot Noir made a very nice pairing, and the Chardonnay’s notes of citrus, vanilla, and oak were also a delicious match for these Cuban Sandwich Sliders. If you’d like to try either of these wines, you can use this helpful store locator.
I hope you’ll enjoy these little sliders as much as my family did. And if you’re planning to feed a crowd any time soon, be sure to check out all the other #SundaySupper “Supper Bowl” Appetizers in this week’s event! You’ll find the recipe links below this recipe.
In addition to appetizers, you might also like to have a dessert that you can prepare ahead of time so you don’t have to worry about it on the big day. In that case, try these Make Ahead Brownies! They’re not only simple, but they also keep well and taste delicious.
Cuban Sandwich Sliders
- 1 dozen soft dinner rolls do not pull apart
- 1/4 lb sliced Swiss cheese
- 1/2 lb thin sliced sweet ham
- 1/2 lb sliced roast pork
- yellow mustard
- dill pickle slices
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter softened
- Preheat the oven to 400. Lay out two sheets of foil; each should be larger than one group of 6 rolls.
- Using a serrated knife, horizontally cut through each group of rolls, creating a top and a bottom. Open up both groups of rolls and spread mustard all over the inside of the top and the inside of the bottom. On each bottom, layer half of the sweet ham, then half of the sliced pork, then slices of swiss cheese, and finally a layer of sliced dill pickles. Replace the top halves of the rolls.
- Carefully turn each group of sliders over so that the bottom is facing upwards. Gently rub the softened butter all over the bottom of the sliders and down the sides. Once the bottom is buttered, flip each group of sliders directly onto its own piece of foil. Then rub the butter over the tops of the sliders and down the sides.
- Once the sliders are thoroughly coated, place another piece of foil over the top of each group, then pinch or roll the edges of the top and bottom foil to seal the sliders inside.
- Place both foil packets on a baking sheet. Bake for 8 minutes, then flip both packets over and bake for 5 more minutes. Remove from oven and let cool for 2 minutes before using your serrated knife to slice into individual sliders.
You can prepare the sliders ahead of time! Prepare the sliders (but don't bake them), and place the packets in the refrigerator until you're ready. Then follow the baking, cooling, and slicing instructions.
You can learn more about Gallo Family Vineyards on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube. Plus, their website has helpful tips for hosting the Big Game , more great food and wine pairings for game day entertaining, and some football finger food recommendations that might just be perfect for your Big Game party.
Compensation was provided by Gallo Family Vineyards via Sunday Supper, LLC. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author, and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Gallo Family Vineyards.
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
- Bacon and Cheese Pretzel Bites by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Bacon Wrapped Bison Burger Sliders by Nosh My Way
- Baked Southwestern Eggrolls by Flavor Mosaic
- Buffalo Chicken Loaded Baked Sweet Potato Fries by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Cheesy Baked Arancini by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Chorizo Cheese Dip by Casa de Crews
- Cuban Sandwich Sliders by Recipe for Perfection
- Everything Bagel Breadsticks & Smoked Salmon Dip by Foxes Love Lemons
- Kicked Up Texas Caviar by Ruffles & Truffles
- Mini Mexican Tarts by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Mexican Chicken Meatballs with Queso by Curious Cuisiniere
- Philadelphia Cheesesteak Dip by Family Foodie
- Pizza Quinoa Bites by Alida’s Kitchen
- Polenta Crostini with Mushroom Sauce by Brunch with Joy
- Rosemary White Bean Dip by Magnolia Days
- Salt and Pepper Chicken Wings by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Sausage & Caramelized Onion Pita Pizza by The Messy Baker
- Spicy Sticky Chicken Wings and Onion Rings by Nik Snacks
- Spicy Stuffed Mushrooms by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Sweet & Spicy Mango Meatballs by Peanut Butter and Peppers