I am a huge fan of granola. I make my own homemade granola from time to time, and I also cycle through a wide variety of store-bought brands as the mood strikes.
I think it’s only natural that I would try to combine the taste of granola and fruit crumble in a recipe that requires only two ingredients and about 30 seconds to make. You can eat it just as it is, like a lightning fast blueberry crumble, or do what I do and spoon it on your yogurt or ice cream.
Can you guess which one happens most frequently? I’ll bet (if you know me) you guessed the ice cream. And you’d be right. But I do love to put it on Greek yogurt mixed with honey as well.
You can use any kind of granola that you like for this recipe. I’ve used at least 5 different kinds, and as long as you like the granola, it’ll work great.
It works for breakfast, dessert, or snack time equally well. Kids like it, too, so keep it in mind for sneaking some fruit into their after school snack or evening dessert.
If you’re looking for more great fruit ideas, you should also check out this easy cherry sauce recipe. It’s great for topping yogurt or ice cream, too. Try this fresh ginger ice cream for a real treat.
Tips for Making A Granola Mix-In
- Choose any favorite granola.
- Use fresh blueberries rather than frozen.
- Use immediately after making, because the granola will soak up the blueberry juices and get soft if you try to store it for later.
Layer this with your favorite vanilla yogurt for a fabulous parfait, or pour it over vanilla ice cream for a decadent treat!
2 minCook Time
2 minTotal Time
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup granola
- Put the fresh blueberries in a small bowl. Microwave on high for 30 to 45 seconds, or until the juices just start to run.
- Remove the bowl from the microwave. Sprinkle on the granola, breaking up any chunks that are very large. Microwave 20 to 30 seconds, or until the juices start to bubble.
- Let cool slightly so that the granola soaks up a bit of juice. Serve warm on top of ice cream, or let cool a little more and layer it with your favorite vanilla yogurt. Enjoy!