You’ll love this deep dish chewy brownie recipe! With a luxurious texture melts in your mouth, you’ll want to pour a glass of milk and dig in to these chewy brownies.
Ultimate Deep Dish Chewy Brownies
These very well may be the most perfect brownies ever.
A couple of weeks ago, I was so pleased with the texture and thickness of my Mint Infused Deep Dish Brownies that I decided to try making them even deeper, but without the mint flavor. I wanted to find out just how deep you could make the batter without having trouble getting them to cook all the way through.
This pan of brownies has been one of my all time favorites so far. When you look at the photo, you’ll see just how thick and weighty they are. Despite being incredibly thick, they’re not overly dense, because whisking the eggs into the sugar creates an ever so slightly lofty texture.
I’ve tested this chewy brownie recipe dozens of times to make sure I got it just right.
I used natural cocoa for these. Natural cocoa is pretty much my default cocoa these days because I’ve gotten hooked on the fruity robustness. However, if you prefer Dutch cocoa (which has a milder flavor and darker color), you can certainly use it. Either one will work fine in this brownie recipe.
Notice that these brownies bake for a bit longer than a typical pan of brownies, but not that much longer. The same test for doneness applies. They’re done if you stick a toothpick in the center and moist crumbs are stuck to it when you pull it out. If it’s coated with batter, they’re not done yet. Don’t wait for a completely clean toothpick, though, or they’ll be overdone. (Clean toothpicks are for cakes!)
Enjoy your super chewy brownies with a tall glass of cold milk, and if you liked this moist brownie recipe, please share!
Note: This recipe makes 9 BIG, THICK brownies (see picture). If you want to scale back on the indulgence factor, just cut smaller servings.
Ultimate Deep Dish Chewy Brownie Recipe
You'll love this chewy brownie recipe! With a luxurious texture melts in your mouth, you'll want to pour a glass of milk and dig in to these chewy brownies.
- 1 1/4 cups unsweetened cocoa powder natural or Dutch process
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour see note for gluten free substitution
- 16 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 2 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 350 and prepare an 8 inch square pan by lining it with parchment or foil.
- In a small bowl, stir together the flour and the cocoa until well combined, then set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the melted butter, sugar, salt, and vanilla, and whisk together. Mixture will be grainy but uniform. Add the eggs one at a time, whisking thoroughly after each addition.
- Set aside the whisk and add the flour/cocoa mixture to the large bowl. Stir with a large spoon or spatula until just combined, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and smooth out the top. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out with moist crumbs but no liquid batter attached. Set the pan on a rack to cool for 15 minutes, then use the pan liner to lift the brownies out. Set the brownies on a rack to finish cooling.
For gluten free brownies, substitute your favorite gluten free all purpose flour mix and ensure all your other ingredients are gluten free.
Nutrition facts are approximate. Please consult a nutritionist if you have specific nutritional needs.
More Brownies to Try
Bonus Recipe Collection
Here’s a collection of delicious recipes that, like brownies, can be baked in a casserole dish. Enjoy these dishes from the Sunday Supper bloggers!
Captivating Breakfast Casseroles
- Boozy Baked French Toast from Brunch with Joy
- Orange & Date Wife Saver Breakfast Casserole from A Mama, Baby & Shar-pei in the Kitchen
- Spinach, Sausage and Polenta Breakfast Casserole from The Redhead Baker
Appetizing Casserole Sides
- Baked Cauli-Tots Casserole from Cupcake and Kale Chips
- Savory Sweet Potato and Sausage Bread Pudding from Nik Snacks
- Shredded Brussels Sprouts Casserole from Take A Bite Out of Boca
Main Event Casseroles
- Artichoke and Spinach Macaroni and Cheese Casserole from Ruffles & Truffles
- Baked Penne with Roasted Cauliflower and Italian Sausage from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Bison Meatloaf Casserole from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Cheesy Chicken Corkscrew Casserole from Recipes Food and Cooking
- Cheesy, Creamy, Cauliflower and Sausage Casserole from Eating In Instead
- Chicken Enchiladas from Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Chicken Parmesan Quinoa Bake from Alida’s Kitchen
- Chicken Ramen Mini Casseroles from The Ninja Baker
- Chicken with Whole Grains Casserole from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Chinese Noodle Casserole from Momma’s Meals
- Crab Casserole for Two from Magnolia Days
- Homemade Poppy Seed Chicken from Food Done Light
- Fully Loaded Tater Tot Casserole from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- King Ranch Casserole from The Texan New Yorker
- King Ranch Mac and Cheese from The Weekend Gourmet
- Baked Ziti with Meatballs from Curious Cuisiniere
- Mexican Lasagna from MealDiva
- Mom’s Taco Casserole from Lifestyle Food Artistry
- Moroccan Polenta Casserole from Pancake Warriors
- Moussaka from Nosh My Way
- Neeps & Tatties Casserole from Happy Baking Days
- Quick No Boil Tuna Pasta Bake from Mess Makes Food
- Sausage Peppers and Onion Pasta Casserole from Family Foodie
- Southwestern Spaghetti Pie from The Messy Baker
- Cheesy, Layered Italian Pasta Torta from La Bella Vita Cucina
- Stove-top Four Cheese Mac and Cheese from The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Supreme Pizza Strata from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Sweet Corn and Green Chile Chicken Tamale Pie from Simply Healthy Family
- Taco Casserole from Peanut Butter and Peppers
Decadent Dessert and Sweet Casseroles
- Baked Lemon Dessert from Food Lust People Love
- The Best Homemade Cinnamon Rolls from Pies and Plots
- Butterscotch Bread Pudding from The Foodie Army Wife
- Classic Apple Crisp from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Ultimate Deep Dish Brownies from Recipe for Perfection
- Vegan Oreo Rice Krispie Treats from Killer Bunnies, Inc
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.